ARCHERY...It's all about letting go! Safe, friendly, fun for all ages...fully insured. Community events, private parties, birthdays, weddings, stag /hen parties etc...All can be catered for.
Welcome to Southern Upland Roving Archers (S U R A) Established as a private archery shoot in 2009 to give the novice and experienced archer an opportunity to shoot in a relaxed and informal manner.
We are fully insured for all of our activities.
We have a policy of learning from each other and support ourselves by working in the community at local events and public shows throughout the Scottish Borders as well as holding regular have-a-go archery sessions.
This enables us to operate without having to rely on government or charitable funding!
Safe Friendly Family Fun Archery!
Please note we are not a business nor do we have charitable status.
We are not affiliated or attached to any governing body, therefore do not offer any "Formal training" ! We shoot for fun & the pleasure of doing so.
We shoot all types of bows (except compound bows) and other associated weapons.
Crossbow is by prior agreed shooting.
We supply all necessary equipment until some such time as a new archer owns or makes their own.
Whether you are thinking of taking up a new hobby, or are already an archer and would like to get some informal practice in, simply get in touch.
Please take some time and have a look around our photo galleries.
SHOOTING DATES AND TIMES: NOTICE:
Thank you all for keeping to the Covid 19 Lock down rules and regulations by simply staying away from our shooting ground.
I know very many of you have been on front line duties such as N H S , Fire , Police and other front line duties. So a big round of thanks to you all.
Further I would like to say thank you to our very own Viking and co founder of S U R A Mandy Cowen for assisting me in maintaining the grounds.
Following advice from our insurers and the guidance from UK and Scottish governments. We plan to reopen as of the 1st of June.
Note: The following must be followed.
1. Shooting and observational visits purely on a pre-booked basis.
2. Maximum of 6 people in the woods at any one time and from the same household / family or social bubble.
3. Maximum of 4 individual archers working as a unit but maintaining social distancing.
4. Only handling your own equipment. (eg collecting your own arrows etc).
5. All archers and observers must arrive ready equipped and ready to shoot.
6. Everyone must carry there own hand wipes / sanitiser and masks where applicable.
7. Bring your own refreshments and make sure your rubbish is taken home.
8. NO fires to be lit unless by nominated maintenance personel.
9. Parking at Howlets ha ! Reverse on and keep clear of the neighbours wall and windows.
10. Unknown vistors or guests by prior appointment only.
11. On arrival family / group leader will be issued with a sanitized personal radio for emergency use only. (Same applies to individual archers). (This to be left at back door of Howlets ha on departure).
12. No shooting out on the fields until further notice and any arrows lost outwith the woods must be recovered or reported as safely as possible and as soon as possible.
Yours in archery as ever Mick.
Telephone - 01578 740205
Email - email@example.com (Marking your email #Archery)
Thank you for taking time to visit our website. We look forward to seeing you back soon.